|Ring Sizing Guidelines|
To make your ring size measurement more accurate: After sliding the ring sizer on, make sure it slides off easily over the knuckle. Don't measure cold fingers, as this is when fingers are their smallest. For the most accurate reading, measure the finger at the end of the day when the finger is the largest.
If you're buying the ring as a surprise, ask the recipient's mother or a friend if they know the finger size. Or you can slip his or her ring on your finger and mark the spot it fits. Then measure that spot with one of the methods below.
In order to print the ring sizer above, be sure that your printer is set to 100% scaling and that you have not reduced the print size in 'page set up.' You can verify that the size guide has printed correctly by measuring it with a ruler; it should measure 3 3/8 inches as indicated. Once you have printed the size guide, cut it out and wrap around your finger, measuring from the indicated line.
1. Find a piece of string or narrow strip of paper.
2. Wrap it around the base of the appropriate finger.
3. Use a pen to mark the point on the string/paper where it overlaps, forming a complete circle.
4. With a ruler, measure (in millimeters) the length from the starting end of the string/paper to the pen mark.
5. Use this measurement and the chart at right to determine your ring size.